Monday, May 5, 2008

NSD Round-Up

Well, what a whirlwind weekend! The forum at DST was constantly changing with the many posts about freebies, sales, contests and chatter . . . it was hard to keep up with it all! DST had several layout contests and I found it very useful to bookmark the threads so that I could go back and note several unique and imaginative layouts for future scraplifting.

There was a lot of new product released, on sale, and lots of other great sales across the digi world. Here's a roundup of my purchases during the weekend.

Won't this alpha be great for scrapping heritage layouts? You can find it at CG Essentials.

folder

Another cute alpha I couldn't resist. This one is from Scrap Kitten.

SK_ChainlinkAlphaPreview

Next, I went organic and picked up this great collection of leaves from PickleBerryPop. I look forward to using these on a number of layouts, combined with the many flowers in my collection!

e-lena_Designs_Leaves_Collection_preview

These cute acrylic borders caught my eye as soon as I saw them advertised on DST. They were available at Elemental Scraps. Won't they be fun to use?

More borders attracted me, this time by Flergs and MGL Scraps. These coordinate with her new kit, What Dreams May Come, and are available at Scrapbook Graphics.

Flergs_wdmc_borders_600

Of course, I had to have the matching kit!

Flergs_mgl_wdmc_prev

I also picked up Flergs' Build a Bracket. This will be a fun way to accessorize a number of different layouts!

Flergs_Brackets_600

I also picked up She's So Charming by CT member turned designer, Holly. Great stuff! You can find Holly at Shabby Pickle. I just love the product previews at their store!

folder

Last, but not least, I picked up Journal Ons by Helena Jole. Again, something very useful for a number of layouts.

HelenaJole_JournalOns

I used the Journal Ons in this layout about one of my old cats:

Muffin
Click photo for larger version and full credits.

Well, that takes care of the shopping!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you were hanging out on the DST forum, you may have seen my post about winning a favorite kit from my store. I gave away FIVE kits to these lucky recipients: Jaquescrapper, Buge, Veronova, Tadeasek, and mimi1166. Enjoy your kits!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a somewhat disappointing note, the Layout Competition I ran received only ONE entry! I know that people are buying my products . . . it would be nice to see your layouts. Though the competition is over, I would love to see what you are creating with DreamScrapper products. Feel free to contact me and send me a link to what you have created.

Congratulations to Mariska who has won the $15 coupon for DreamScrapper.com! Unfortunately, the $10 and $5 coupons will not be awarded since there were no other participants. Be sure to click on her layout for full credit details.

And that takes care of National Scrapbooking Day for another year! Time to rest up, back up my purchases, and plan some new layouts using the bargains I got! I'd love to hear about what products you found. Leave me a comment below.

0 comments: