Monday, April 28, 2008

Guest Blogger at Scraps of Mind

While teaching my IRL (in real life) digital scrapbooking class the other night, I noticed that some of my students seemed a little overwhelmed at the various layouts I was showing them. To soothe and encourage them, I used an analogy to show them that it was definitely possible for them to create layouts like the ones they were seeing. The analogy proved to be an apt one, and one that was easily understood. Because of this, when I was asked, by Karen Karooch from the Scraps of Mind blog, to be a guest blogger, I enlarged the analogy to a complete article, complete with layouts to illustrate it. I hope that you will check out my article on her blog. It will be published on Tuesday, April 29. While you are there, be sure to explore Karen's blog. She has a vast collection of articles, tutorials, and all round great information on digital scrapbooking.

Also for today, my CT member, Kayre, has created some layouts using my Prairie Sunset Bracket Album pages as embellishments to give you an idea for what you can do with these other than to build a hybrid album. Thanks, Kayre!

Relaxing_308b
Click photo for full credits

Alyssa_2008b
Click photo for full credits

Hope these give you some ideas for using the Prairie Sunset Bracket Album!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a terrific article is is too, Dreamscrapper. I loved your analogy. And the great layouts you illustratied it with. And anytime you want to write anothe article for Scraps of Mind I'd love to publish it.

Linda Vich said...

Thanks for the kind words, Karen!