Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Digital Doings

The more I see of the products available to digital (and hybrid) scrappers, the more convinced I am how good we have it here on the Internet! The wealth and quality of the products available is overwhelming! I am constantly adding to my Kaboodle list in hopes that one day I may purchase it all!

In a previous post, An Organizing Tip and a Layout, I showcased my layout, Yesteryear. I used several recently purchased products in that one. The border of the layout came from Flergs' fabulous Butterfly Garden. I purchased this set as part of her larger collection, Border Collection, which contains not only the lovely clustered and unclustered leaf borders but also leaf borders with butterflies and individual butterflies and flowers! She also included some nice glitter borders as well.

In addition to Flergs' kits, I utilized some lovely flower doodles from Kate Hadfield available at Catscrap. I had purchased her Winter Flora Doodles for some of my Christmas layouts and just had to have her Spring ones as well! In addition to these, she has released a number of sets of new doodles available at The Lilypad as well as some doodle set collaborations with Jacque Larsen that are also available at The Lilypad. I think that Kate and Jacque's doodles are unique in that they are realistic with just the right amount of "cuteness" that can really add to the effectiveness of your layout!

Not to be left out, I also used a beaded flourish from Jofia Devoe's Swirls Therapy.

Jofia has several other unique products available that can definitely add a special touch to a layout. In my layout, Wheels, I used one of her moth overlays from Ephemerals II.

In Wheels I wanted a different look for this heritage layout of my mother riding her tricycle so I chose a very plain background paper and then converted one photo to a sketch. The other photo is framed with a frame from one of Jen Ulasiewicz's collection of Shabbier Chic Frames. The blue butterfly comes from the Butterfly Garden by Flergs shown earlier.

wheels_web

click image for full credits

One last layout that I finished today utilizes one of Miki Ferkul's latest kits, Maia's Secret. I can't say enough about that kit! The colors are entirely spring-like, the papers are full of wonderful rich textures, and the elements are exquisite! Of course, I had to make use of some glitter from Flergs as well! Miki has another kit just out, Spring Linens, which is equally nice and which I hope to scrap my next layout!

spring_beauty_web

click image for full credits

I hope you have enjoyed both my layouts and my roundup of products out and about in the digi world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks so much for showcasing so many of my products! And thanks for the enabling too - I just picked up Jen's frames and now I'm off to empty Jofia's store!!

Linda Vich said...

Kate, thanks for stopping by! It was a real pleasure to feature your products . . . I think they are great! Have fun with your shopping!