Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm On a Roll!

I guess that going to an all-day scrapping crop gets the creative juices flowing because I got another layout done today. This one celebrates my daughter's very first job - at 13! She has been working at the Half Moon Drive Inn since April 10, 2008. On Friday night, my husband and I went there for dinner. It was so crowded we almost couldn't stay because there was nowhere to park! Luckily, we managed to squeeze in. Inside, it was a zoo! While waiting to place our own orders, we watched our daughter filling orders behind the counter. She was moving VERY quickly to complete each order and then announcing the order number over the intercom. She was totally oblivious to us, being as it was so busy, and it gave us a good chance to see her in action without making her self conscious. We were very proud of her!

Anyway, this layout uses both pieces from my new kit, PRAIRIE SUNSET, and doodles from Kate Hadfield. I also wanted to use some acrylic letters (they are all the rage right now) by Emily Powers. Somehow, they didn't look quite right in their natural, clear state so I tinted them to match the layout. So, what do you think?

Show Me the Money!

4 comments:

Kate Hadfield said...

Wow, your layout turned out wonderfully! Love the touch of glitter and the coloured acrylic alphas especially! Hope your daughter is enjoying her new job!

Oh and you rocked the doodles too - thanks for the inspiration!!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks for looking, Kate! Your doodles worked just great!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations to your daughter!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks, Hummie! I will pass on your best wishes!